Does your child love bubbles? Maybe you've thought about keeping bubbles in a jar. How can we make that happen? Maybe it's time to try making your very own Lava Lamp!!
1 clean plastic bottle
Fizzing tablets (such as Alka Seltzer)
First, fill the bottle up about 1/4th with water.
Next, pour the vegetable oil in the bottle until almost full.
Then, add a few drops of your favorite food coloring.
Last, break your fizzy tablet in half and drop it into the bottle.
What You Can Teach Your Child:
● Colors of the Rainbow: What color do you want to use? Red, Green, or Yellow?
● Oil and water will separate when you put them together.
● Following instructions: Pour in the oil, Squeeze a few drops of food coloring
● Quantity: Fill the bottle with a little bit of water. Now we need more oil. Even more than that...
● Describing what you see: What do you see? I see the oil on top of the water...I see bubbles coming out
What happens if you put the cap on after dropping the fizzy tablet in? What if you drop a whole tablet in? When it stops bubbling, try sprinkling some salt into your lava lamp. What happens?
Give it a big shake or turn the bottle upside down (with the cap on), what will happen?